An admissions essay reveals something important about a high school senior that grades and test scores can't. An essay that truly stands out says something special about a student's personality, intellect and interests. It gives admission officers a sense of who you are, while also showcasing your writing skills.
If you or someone you know needs assistance in brainstorming, drafting and revising this important part of the application process, an experienced Key Academics college essay writing coach will:
1. Get started by brainstorming with you about your personality traits and defining your strengths.
2. Determine how an essay prompt relates to your personal qualities and how to take a creative angle.
3. Find a creative angle with a unique, interesting concept that says something special about your intellect, personality and interests.
4. Create an outline to organize your essay and decide where you want examples to appear.
5. Review a first draft, making sure that it is focused and well written.
6. Provide careful editing of a second draft, including a final check for message, organization and style, as well as for typos, grammar and spelling errors.
Write A Great College Admissions Essay
The personal statement is your opportunity to demonstrate the value you will bring to a college. A Key Academics college essay writing coach can help you write a personal statement that earns you admission.